Have you hit a plateau with your weight after weight loss surgery? Or have you started to regain some weight? For most of our bariatric surgery patients, weight gain after weight loss surgery is one of their ultimate fears. It doesn’t have to be.
Our weight fluctuates for many reasons. It could be due to medical issues such as medications affecting your weight or an injury that’s affecting your health. Sometimes, it could be a previous surgery causing complications. Often it is us slipping back into old habits. We’re not as physically active or making as good food choices as we were immediately after surgery. There are many reasons why it’s hard to lose weight and keep it off, but what this program aims to do is to get to the root of the cause, and chart a best path forward based on your needs.
Dr. Caren Beasley of Cone’s Healthy Weight and Wellness Clinic is launching our Back on Track program. Dr. Beasley joined Cone Health Medical Group in the past year. She is board-certified in family and obesity medicine. She specializes in the medical treatment of obesity and related conditions. She believes in treating the whole patient, managing obesity as a chronic disease, and improving long-term health outcomes.
The Cone Health Back on Track Program is designed for anyone who:
- Has a BMI of 30 or greater
- Is at least 12 months past any weight loss surgery
- Has at least 1 co-morbidity that is expected to improve with weight loss (diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis, back pain, sleep apnea, fatigue, etc.)
- Is ready to make lifestyle changes to lose weight. You don’t have to be perfect, but you must be willing to try.
- Is prepared to invest time into the program. Visits will be every week for 6 weeks. The first 2 visits are one-on-one with the physician and then there will be 4 weekly group classes. You may follow up with the physician in the clinic afterwards if you so choose.
- All potential patients will need to schedule their appointment for the free Back On Track information session held on Wednesday July 11th, 5:30 PM
- The first 2 one-on-one visits with Dr. Beasley will be on:
Friday AM July 20th and Friday AM July 27 (to be scheduled at the info session)
- The weekly group sessions will be held 5:30-7:00 on Thursdays, August 2nd, August 9th, August 16th and August 23rd, from 5:30-7:00 PM
- The cost to join the program is $150, (only $99 if you sign up for MyChart for free!)
Please call the Healthy Weight and Wellness Clinic at 336-832-3110 to reserve your seat for the upcoming information session.